1. Information we collect.
GUIDR collects information and data to develop, operate, safeguard, and enhance GUIDR Services. The type of information we collect from you depends on how you use GUIDR Services and what information you choose to provide to us. You represent that all personal information that you provide is true, complete and accurate, and you will notify us of any changes to your personal information. We collect information from you in two ways: personal information you disclose, and information automatically collected as explained below.
Information related to the creation of your account with GUIDR or that you voluntarily disclose when you use GUIDR Services, such as information provided to use our estate planning platform and generate estate planning documents, is referred to as your “Personal Information”. Personal Information may include such information as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, gender, and personal details, family information, and financial information that you provide to create estate planning documents. It also may include payment and billing information, such as payment method, credit card information and contact information. Personal Information may also include your username, password, and other details related to your account with GUIDR, and any text, images, file attachments, and content you provide while using our estate planning document platform.
In addition to Personal Information that you knowingly disclose, we automatically collect certain information when you visit our website or use GUIDR Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (such as your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, software and hardware you use (such as browser types, operating systems, ISPs, platform type, device type, mobile device identifiers such as make and model, mobile carrier), country, language preferences, referring URLs, pages or features of GUIDR Services used and associated dates and timestamps, search terms, links you click, whether you open messages sent to your account, and other statistics related to your usage of our systems.
We may also collect technical information such as web storage data, data stored in application data caches and data provided by web pixels, cookies and anonymous identifiers. We use this information primarily to maintain the security and operation of GUIDR Services and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. We retain and may use this information and data to examine and analyze usage trends and user preferences.
We also use tools, including third-party tools, to collect analytics data. Some of this information is collected using cookies and other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, session replay scripts, and similar technologies (“tracking technologies”). We may also work with third party partners to employ tracking technologies. When using GUIDR Services, we may save one or more cookies onto your web browser. We use both session and persistent cookies to collect, store and track information and data to improve your user experience. A session cookie is one that disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and can generally be removed. If you would prefer not to accept cookies or otherwise wish to disable our use of tracking technologies, it is possible to modify your cookie settings through your web browser. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your user experience, as some features may not work properly.
Note that when clicking links to third party websites, cookies or pixels may be transmitted to your computer’s web browser. GUIDR has no control over cookies or pixels, or other data transmitted by a third party. GUIDR is not responsible for any cookies, pixels or data storage on your computer accessed through a third-party website or service.
We automatically gather information and data which is not connected to your personal identity to improve GUIDR. We may collect information by aggregating and anonymizing other information. The aggregation and anonymization process prevents the information from being associated or identified with any one customer account, user, or individual. We may use aggregated and anonymized information for a wide variety of statistical and analytical purposes.
All forms of information that we collect is referred to collectively in this policy as “information.”
2. Using the information we collect.
We use the information we collect for a variety of business purposes, which may include:
- Communicating with you;
- Providing you with GUIDR Services;
- Responding to requests or inquiries from you;
- Providing customer support or technical assistance;
- Creating or administering your account;
- Billing you for services and processing payments;
- For business analysis, research purposes, or to improve GUIDR Services;
- Customizing existing and future product offerings and other aspects of GUIDR Services;
- Securing and safeguarding GUIDR Services and protecting your information and data;
- Analyzing metadata;
- Marketing or offering other services that you may be interested in;
- Sharing with third parties for the purposes discussed below; and/or
- Any legitimate business purpose, provided that the information is aggregated and anonymized.
If you provide us with feedback on your use of GUIDR Services, we have the right, but not the obligation, to post your feedback on our social media platforms, website, and on the social media platforms and websites of our affiliates. Your feedback is free, voluntary, and provided at your own risk.
3. How we share information.
We disclose information we collect in the following cases:
- You asked us to, or otherwise gave your consent directly or impliedly;
- With vendors and service providers we engage to provide the GUIDR Services;
- To attorneys you have authorized to receive your information for estate planning purposes;
- With vendors and service providers we engage to help us gain insights and analytics into how GUIDR Services are used and how they might be improved;
- As necessary to comply with applicable law, including governmental requests, law enforcement requests, and otherwise to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of you, us, or others;
- As necessary in the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, financing, or other disposition of all or any portion of GUIDR business, assets, or stock; or
- With others for any legitimate business purpose, provided the information is aggregated, anonymized, and/or otherwise not personally identifiable to you. This includes our right to transfer and/or sell any data and information we collect that is not personally identifiable to you. We will never sell any information or data that is personally identifiable to you.
4. Securing your information.
GUIDR employs information security practices and procedures commensurate with reasonable industry standard, including administrative and technical safeguards, designed to (i) keep your information safe and secure, (ii) protect against anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of your information, and (iii) protect against unauthorized access or use of your information. As reminder, however, it is your responsibility to keep your username and password confidential and not to share your username or password with others. We cannot be responsible for access to your information by parties who have gained access to your account by using your username and password.
5. Storing your information.
GUIDR primarily processes and stores information on servers located in the United States, however from time to time it may be necessary for us to process and store your information on servers located outside of the United States. By using GUIDR Services, you consent to the transfer of your information to any location where we may need to process and store your information.
6. Updating your information.
You may update your information at any time through your GUIDR account. If you are unable to update your information for any reason, please contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Collection, Use, and Protection of Client Information.
8. Promotional Activities.
We send promotional emails and newsletters from time to time to users who have provided us with their email address or whose email addresses we have obtained through other sources. You can opt-out of promotional communications by using the “Unsubscribe” link in an email you receive from us or by emailing us at email@example.com
9. Opting out of Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies or otherwise wish to disable our use of tracking technologies, most browsers and mobile devices allow you to change your settings to notify you when you receive cookies or other tracking technologies are being used, and to choose whether to accept/allow it. Most browsers also allow you to disable or delete existing cookies or to automatically reject future cookies. Disabling cookies may limit your ability to use GUIDR Services.
10. Third-party services and analytics.
GUIDR utilizes third party technology services and analytics providers to ensure the reliable delivery of GUIDR. We may add or remove third party service and analytics providers with or without notice.
11. Links to third-party websites and services.
GUIDR is not directed to children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect any information or data or market to children. By using GUIDR, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
13. Contact Information.
GUIDR LLC is located at 6240 Shirley Street, Suite 105, Naples, Florida.
Last Updated: March 15, 2021